Hey guys! Look at me I’m actually blogging a few days after my last one! Also, notice something different? I’ve changed my thumbnail style! I absolutely love it I won’t lie, I hope you do too! Let me know what you think in the comments.
So lately I’ve been seeing quite a lot of posts to do with skincare, and as I absolutely love reading them, I thought I’d hop on the band wagon and show you my own skin care routine on the night, I was contemplating doing morning but i don’t do much in the morning and that’d be a bit of a boring post wouldn’t it?! So let’s get right on into it.
- Okay so I usually start my nightly skincare around 8’o clock at the moment, purely at the fact love island starts at 9. So firstly, if I’m wearing any makeup I’ll remove it using some cotton pads and my trusty garnier micellar cleansing water, I’m pretty sure nearly every beauty blogger knows what this is, it’s a holy grail for most of us. If not, I’ll leave links for everything at the bottom! It’s seriously worth your money.
- Next I will wet my flannel and just swipe ( what a funny word hahah) it all over my face, this isn’t to wipe the cleansing water off my face but to wet it so I can use my Neutrogena pink grapefruit cream face wash. This is to remove any reminance of makeup left on my face and just to freshen it up as it’s been a hard day for my face, I make sure to wash this off with warm water so my pores open for the next step.
- An essential part in skincare is exfoliating. It really helps everybody’s skin and don’t let it scare you away if you have dry skin, many have hydrating oils and nutrients in too. As my face is warm and my pores are open, an exfoliator really helps to clean all the dirt out of my skin, an absolute fave of mine is the Neutrogena pink grapefruit daily scrub as I can feel the tiny beads in it doing something for my skin, and an absolute bonus is that it smells divine!
- Okay so I just wash this off with cool water to close up my pores again so no dirt or bacteria can re-enter. Use the coldest water you can as it’s the most helpful, however I have to settle for cool because I’m a wuss. I will then just pat my face dry with a towel, try not to rub your skin as it’s pushing your skin around which can contribute to wrinkles in the future, obviously you won’t get wrinkles overnight but it doesn’t help.
- Okay this is my favourite step of skincare, toning. I just love the feel of your skin feeling tight. Okay this makes it sound bad, it’s not I promise, toning does literally what it says. It just tones your skin up, by closing your pores ( more than cold water) your skin just feels slightly more tight, it wears off though I promise. So I basically just use this as I use my micellar water, by pouring some on a cotton pad and running it all over my face, I especially love the simple toner, it’s been an essential for about 6-7 months now and I’ve repurchased many times.
Okay the last step of my skincare! It doesn’t feel that long until I’m writing it out for you guys! Moisturiser, again, an absolute favourite is the simple moisturiser. Please, just like the exfoliater, if you have oily skin don’t run away from moisturiser, just find one suitable for your skin. I have quite oily skin and find the simple one to work quite well. I just dot this around my face then rub it in, in an upwards motion, we don’t want those wrinkles do we guys?!
Okay so that’s my nightly skin routine done! I hope you enjoyed and take some tips from it! I’m off to go do my skin routine quite funnily enough now so bye!
What’s your favourite skin care product?